Monday, July 27, 2009

Florence OR

We left Bandon friday am to go and pick blueberries, but never found the place after 1.5 hrs of driving so we went back up the coast to Florence where we were staying the night some old friends of ours growing up. They have a beautiful house on a huge lake so Byron took each kid for a little kayaking. As you can see Buddy loved it...he kept crying for his turn while Kenzie and Mikayla were out.

Florence is known for its HUGE sand dunes...so we went dunebuggying on them. These dunes are like 15ft tall and they slide down the side of them in the dunebuggies. Kenzie and I were starting to get sick from all the jerking around. Mikayla and Byron loved them though. They went on a dunebuggy that seated 12 people. The top picture has us with the goggles on so the sand doesn't get in your eyes.
Linsey, Kenzie and Amber
We also went to the largest sea cave in the world. It also houses tons of sea lions, and you take an elevator 200ft down to get to it. We also lucked out to see a whale spouting. Florence was our last stop. The next day we drove back to Portland and spent the night in a scary hotel that was suppose to be a 3 star, but was more like a 2 star, in the ghetto. Then woke up Sunday am at 5:20 to get on a 8.5hr plane ride home with no layovers! We sure were glad to be home, until we looked in the backyard to see the tree that fell while we were gone.

2 comments:

  1. wow--I read it all! That's a book! What an incredible trip; it sounds amazing. I'd love to go see some of those places! Now I know what to refer to before I plan my next trip to Oregon (read: my first trip to Oregon.) Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot...did you guys notice/enjoy the best thing about Oregon - no sales tax! It took me a long time to get use to it once we moved here. When we'd cross the river to Washington we didn't even have to pay sales tax, just showed our Oregon ID and it was waived...what a beautiful thing that is surely missed!

    ReplyDelete