Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cowabunga!


Me and My friend boogieboarding. I had actually never done it before so she made me go...after her husband found a shoe string so that I could tie my prescritption glasses on so that I could actually see what I was doing. Amazingly I never lost the glasses. So we decided to drive an hour to a Jax beach with better waves than ours at high tide so that my brother who was visiting, Mikayla and Byron could go boogie boarding. Within the first 5 mins Mikayla was rescued by a cute lifeguard (wish I had a pic, but didn't realize it was my child for a while, see Byron was suppose to be in watching her, I was watching the others) The rip currents and waves were bad I guess so while Byron and Mikayla were swimming in the waves Mikayla drifted a long ways down the beach by herself. She claims she was fine out there (where she couldn't stand) and Byron claims she was fine and he would have gone to get her but the lifeguard beat him too it. When she came up the beach with the lifguard she said "i have done bigger waves than that it CA." I am grateful the lifeguard prevented would could have been a bad situation. After that the lifeguards put up the red flags and the kids were not allowed in the waves.
Me boogie boarding
Byron and his friend (my friends husband) boogie boarding
Kenzie (with Byrons hat on), Zach and Ashlynn (friends child) hanging out in a big pit of sand

1 comment:

  1. All these years with Byron boogie boarding and you never did? How come?

    ReplyDelete