
Since Linsey was here we decided to float Ichetucknee river on a Sat right before school went back....BAD IDEA! The park rangers said that before 8am 750 people were already waiting to enter the river. by the time we got there at 10:30 only the south enterence was open, we waited in line for about an hr to enter the park, then again in line herding like cattle into the river, then played bumper tubes with crazy people all the way down the river. Wish I had a pic to show you but don't have a waterproof camera. Just imagine cattle herding down and river and thats what we looked like. AND Mikaylas expensive glasses got thrown into the water...we won't say who's fault that was....mind you we 3 days soon just come back from the eye dr. who said she didn't need new glasses....now I guess she does. The water is 72 degrees year round and cold. Next year we will be sure to go during the week. The upper pic is of the kids getting into one of the cold springs watering hole.

This is a deadly cotton mouth snake that was on the edge of the water hole that my kids were swimming in....there were 2 that I saw and I can only imagine how many that I couldn't see.

Never a dull moment, right? Good for you for trying!
ReplyDelete